Thursday 22 November 2012

Day 41

I went for a drink with a couple of friends from my old job last night.  I'd pre-warned them both that I look a bit different.  It makes me feel better about seeing people if I know that they're already expecting me to look different.  I think both of them were reluctant to say too much at first but once we got talking about it they both said I looked quite different but that it was definitely in a good way, and they both said I must be really pleased with the results.  I think people find it hard to say that you look better because it kind of implies that you looked bad before.  But they both had positive comments, and one of them even spontaneously said that I looked better from the side, and I don't think I'd ever mentioned about hating my profile before she said it.

When I got home I realised my mum hadn't taken my photos today, so I attempted to take them of myself.  I swear my nose really doesn't look wonky in real life...




1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I can relate. I feel like I need to warn people before I see them every time too.

    ReplyDelete