Tuesday 9 October 2012

A couple of questions...

I've been having such a hectic time over the past couple of weeks that it's kind of stopped me focusing on my surgery which I suppose is a good thing... it's starting to feel a bit more real now though...

I just had a couple of questions I wanted to ask my fellow bloggers...

1) How long until you were allowed to move onto soft foods?
2) How long do you have to sleep upright for?
3) How long until you can drive again?  I've got to go in for my check-up appointments every week and my mum can't keep taking time off work to take me in!

Thanks!

I went into the hospital yesterday, and they just got me to sign forms, ask any final questions and checked that my wafers fit again!

2 comments:

  1. I was on soft foods as soon as I was debanded. Which was day 5. Problem was my mouth was immobile that time so it was hard even eating things like applesauce. But once I got the hang of it I started eating things like macaroni n cheese. I could eat anything that I can cut with the side of a fork. But I couldn't chew then and still can't so I mash everything up with my tongue and the roof of my mouth.

    I now have the ok to sleep however I want at 3wks post op. even on my face if I want to. But no thanks lol I'm still hesitant so I think I'll sleep upright for a lil longer

    I drove 12 days after surgery to go to my appt alone. My doc was so proud of me idk y. Lol. I think ull be alright driving about 10 days after as long as you're not on painkillers during the day of course


    ReplyDelete